That’s when you have to use your judgment.
The Eunhyuk vs. Ryeowook thing has ALWAYS been a joke. It only happens when the members are all laughing and both Ryeowook and Eunhyuk are laughing too. It’s acceptable, in my mind, to attack a member given that you’re insincere with the attacks, and you are only saying those things to make people laugh.
This was different because the atmosphere was completely heavy, and there was no laughter whatsoever. Kyuhyun was totally hurt and it was too obvious.
Leeteuk has a good point, and he learned variety the hard way from sunbaes like Kang Ho Dong or Jo Hyung Ki, so that mentality is understandable. He went through similar thoughts of confusion, so I get where he’s coming from.
But this was just not the platform to say it in. Kyuhyun was in front of all of his sunbaes, the PD, writers, everyone else involved. Obviously he’d be hurt and be defensive about it; he might actually have felt threatened to lose his spot as an MC. He had to defend himself.
If Leeteuk had said it in private, Kyuhyun wouldn’t have been under that pressure and probably would have given the comment more serious thought.
There is a time and place for everything.
the thing is that SJ Gallery doesn’t work like a forum. The point of the gallery is to share pictures and video (hence ‘gallery’) and not necessarily for discussion. The thread doesn’t get bumped up to the top with comments like they do in normal forums.
It’s a lot more disorganized for that reason, and if you just go back… probably 10-20 pages at this point, you’ll probably see some of the reactions.
I don’t like him doing varieties either.
I just think the way the messages was delivered was insensitive and inappropriate.
But you’re right. He’s probably over it already.
At the same time, I know how sensitive he is and he probably said a word or two to Teuk after the recording, then cried himself to sleep.
I was off to bed, and I went on Super Junior Gallery for the first time today… I’d been afraid to go on it because I really thought I’d been the only one to feel that way about today’s Radio Star, and I didn’t want to be that ONE dramatic person complaining about nothing…
I’d been really, really, really, unspeakably stressed about applications and classes and a whole bunch of other things, and I really thought I was just feeling that way about Radio Star because I was in such a bad mood.
But apparently the atmosphere on Super Junior Gallery was tanked after Radio Star, too, because of that exact same comment that Leeteuk made that I was complaining about.
I hope Kyuhyun wasn’t hurt by the comment and I hope he continues to do what he wants to do. It’s a chance that came to him for the first time, and I hope he does everything that he wants to.
He probably lost some fans doing variety — the ballad image vs. the variety image is a good point to be made, but saying that you shouldn’t do variety if you’re not going to give it your all, if you’re using it as a stepping stone… those aren’t things to be said on air. If he had concerns, he should have said it to him in private.
It’s a different feeling when your bias is the one that’s hurt… *sigh*
라스 봤는데 왜이렇게 씁쓸하지…?
지금 내 기분이 별로여서 그런가…?
약간 너무 상처 준 느낌…? 다 잘되라고 하는 말이었겠지만 너무 진지하게 이제 막 시작하는 애를 너무 짓밟는 느낌…
약간 기분 안좋았음
- There is someone waiting for Leeteuk to go off to the military so that he can get the leader position…?
- Shindong promised to enlist with Leeteuk, but had to break that promise because…?
- The incident where Eunhyuk got angry at the Sukira PD for stealing one of his McNuggets
- The incident where Eunhyuk cried because of a chocolate cookie snack
- A text between Eunhyuk and BoA revealed
- Why Kyuhyun lives ‘in the jungle’ at the dorm, in ‘all nude’
- The reality of Kyuhyun’s dancing that international choreographers recognized
- Leeteuk reveals… “It felt like they were just telling me to die.” What was his suffering…?
- The way Shindong messed up an “Infinity Challenge” recording at the beginning of their career
- The reason why Kyuhyun was able to stay in the variety scene was because of one phrase that Eunhyuk mindlessly said to him one day…?
- Siwon says the happiest time he’s had since he was with Super Junior was when Kyuhyun was discharged from the hospital. They explain the circumstances and tell tear-jerking stories around the subject.